Below is a list of  resources that you may wish to contact if you are feeling distressed. If you continue to feel upset after completing projects from our research lab, you may also wish to speak with Dr. Jennifer Read (716-645-0193) to discuss your distress or to find other resources in the area.

UB Campus

  • UB student counseling center (free for UB students)
    (716) 645‑2720
    120 Richmond Quad
    Open Mon-Fri 9AM-5PM
  • SUNY at Buffalo Psychological Services Center
    (716) 645‑3697
    1st floor of Park Hall, North Campus
    Open Mon-Fri 9AM-5PM
  • University at Buffalo Campus Police
    (716) 645-2227
    Emergency number: 645-2222
  • Depression Research and Treatment Program (free to UB students)
    (716) 645‑3650 ext.185
  • Center for Research on Anxiety
    (716) 635‑3650 ext. 337

Emergency/24 Hour Services

  • Psychiatric Emergency/Suicidal Risk Crisis Services
    (716) 834‑3131
  • Comprehensive Psychiatric Emergency Program (CPEP)
    Erie County Medical Center
    (716) 898‑3389 or (716) 898‑3465